Good morning and greetings from Abiding Peace.
Our following the footsteps of Jesus this Sunday takes us literally to death's door because we know what wait's at the end of the week - the cross of Calvary. Jesus rides into Jerusalem knowing where he is going, but he has already humbled himself to become obedient to death, even death on a cross. Therefore...we exalt him. We praise him as did those who lined the streets of Jerusalem that first Palm Sunday, because he is worthy of our praise, not just today, but for all eternity. Today we follow Jesus to the streets of the city and we praise God for meeting our needs by providing us with a King who conquered our enemies.
Serving Sunday (Thank you!):
Greeters: Lyss (E), Hartzell (L) Acolyte: S. Seeger (E), A. Tollison (L)
Ushers: Eggert, Broas (E), Martin, Carroll (L)
Childcare (10:30): K. Tollison, R. Gantt
Organist: Pam Pierson Snacks: _________
Altar Guild: Frey (E), Carroll (L) Flowers: J. Ward
- We continue our prayers for all those who are suffering in the aftermath of the school shooting in Nashville and the tornado in Mississippi. We ask the Lord to draw people to his word and promises for peace and hope. We ask that the Lord would use these kinds of events to help people (us) recognize how temporary this life is and how precious is the blessing of God's gift of eternal life in Jesus.
- We pray that Holy Week would be a time when all those who have become distracted by this world and grown disinterested in God would see the amazing love of God that flows from the cross of Jesus and proclaimed by his empty tomb.
- Sunday is the deadline to bring in your baby bottle banks (to the office).
- If you haven't made payment for your Easter flower donations, please do that Sunday.
- The male chorus that plans to sing Easter morning will rehearse immediately after the second service on Sunday.
- Easter flyers are available on the entryway table for you to take and share with neighbors and co-workers to invite them to our Easter Sunday outdoor worship.
- Sign up Sunday to provide a "high-end" dessert for the Gala, which is now less than a month away!
- Camp South and Amazing Race summer camps are registering now. Speak with vicar for details and see the sign up sheet.
Those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries the week of April 2-8 (to extend a greeting, if you wish):
"Happy Birthday" to: Sarah Mooney (2), Lorin Juengel (20), Elena Tenorio (3), Sean Grayburn (5), Jean Eloise Schleis (6), Sandy Stern (7), and Andrew Circle (8).
"Happy Anniversary" to: James & Linda Ward (4), Tom & Jill Swanson (7), and Brett & Elizabeth Faulkner.
That's all for this week.
God's blessing on your day.
- Pastor Duane