Good morning and greetings from Abiding Peace,
This Sunday we start a summer series called - "Vacation in Rome." We will head to Rome (the book of Romans) and visit certain places (portions of Scripture) to celebrate God's grace and goodness. Plan to join the trip each week!
Serving Sunday: (Look for a separate email.)
- Julie Dalby is scheduled for hip replacement surgery on Tuesday. We ask God to bless the efforts of the medical team so that the surgery is successful and that Julie may be released of pain and gain strength in her hip and legs. We ask God to protect her during the surgery and grant her peace as the time comes near.
- As many begin their summer vacations we ask the Lord to protect and keep safe all who are traveling and that he make the days of "rest" days of happiness and renewal with family and friends, and/or may we simply marvel at God's creation.
- This Sunday you are invited to an Open Forum between services to review ministry reports, hear updates on school building construction and second site planning, and also review the proposed plan (budget) for APA, along with a look at the APA staffing plans for the upcoming year. You will also have an opportunity to ask questions or make suggestions.
- A Voters Assembly meets between services on June 11th.
- We are looking to expand our Sunday morning servers list - ushers, greeters, and especially those to help set up communion on Sunday mornings. If you would be willing to serve, please let me know.
- See a picture of our new vicar and his wife (and new teacher) posted on the hallway bulletin board. Nathaniel and Lailah Stein will be joining us in July.
- 1st graders who did not receive their Bibles last week will get them from me this coming Sunday.
- Golfers for Sunday's outing should have received an email from me with a page of information from Dave Frey. If you did not, please let me know.
Those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries the week of June 4-10 (to extend a greeting, if you wish):
"Happy Birthday" to: Michael Clarey (6), Rudy Pinto (7), Alfred Canteruccio (8), and Ethan Hartzell (9).
"Happy Anniversary" to: Joey & Amy Golinski (7), Michael & Alyssa James (7), David & Jana Circle (8), Beau & Christa Christ (10), and Logan & Meredith Meck (10).
That's all for this week:
God's blessing on your day.
- Pastor Duane