Greetings from Abiding Peace.
Sunday is our Thanksgiving Celebration, which also includes our new member welcome. We give thanks for many blessings from our gracious God, and that includes all of our new people and families that have become part of our AP family. Our theme for worship reminds us that thankful people are also faithful in their service to the Lord. Come Sunday and give thanks to the Lord.
Serving Sunday (Thank you!):
Greeters: Lyss (E), Tollison/Stromberg (L) Acolyte: M. Hunter (E), Lottie Culp (L)
Ushers: Canteruccio, Maguire (E), Lemke, Miller (L)
Organist: Laura Bloomquist
Childcare (10:30am): K. Swanson Flowers: Gantt
Altar Guild: Mooney (E), Splese (L)
- As the Thanksgiving break approaches, we ask the Lord to protect all who are traveling to visit family and friends. We ask God to keep everyone safe and that he bless the gatherings with peace and joy.
- We know that the holiday season can be a time of sadness and loneliness for some people, and so we ask the Lord to draw those people to him for comfort and contentment, and may all find reason to celebrate because of God's grace and gift of salvation in Jesus.
- Stop Sunday at the entryway table:
- Sign up to donate poinsettias (cost: $10).
- Sign up to help decorate the church on Wednesday, 11/29.
- Sign up for the youth ski trip (youth and chaperones).
- Pick up SCRIP card order forms for your Christmas shopping.
- Drop off your non-perishable food donations at the Food Drive table in the entryway. Thank you.
- Care bags for the homeless are on a table in the entryway. Put some in your vehicles and hand them out as the opportunity arises during the holidays.
- There is a planning meeting after the second service to discuss the Easley "Parade of Lights" and do some other planning. All are invited.
- Butter Braids have arrived and are in the freezers at church. Pick up yours on Sunday. Thank you for your order!
- The 2023 APA Christmas tree is on display at Hyatt downtown as part of Greenville's "Festival of Trees." Thank you goes out to all our students, teachers and staff who helped with our "Kids of the Kingdom" tree.
Those birthdays and anniversaries the week of November 19-25 (to extend a greeting, if you wish):
"Happy Birthday" to: Beau Christ (21), and Michael Gomich (25).
"Happy Anniversary" to: Luis & Elena Tenorio (24), and Robert & Linda Wetzel (25).
That's all for this week.
God's blessing on your day.
- Pastor Duane