Good morning and greetings from Abiding Peace.
How sad! No pumpkins for Pumpkinfest
But finally, when compared to lots of other things that can cause sadness, the fact that we will not have our pumpkins for Saturday's fest feels pretty minor.
"Cheer up!" is what we hear in our gospel reading for Sunday.
And so, whether our sadness is caused by something major or minor, we want to know the reason why we are still cheerful. Jesus will tell us this Sunday.
Serving on Sunday (Thank you!):
Greeters: Lyss (E), _________ (L) Acolyte: B. Carroll
Ushers: Maciejewski, Canteruccio (E), Carroll, Martin (L) Organist: Karen Rodewald
Altar Guild: Stephen (E), Carroll (L) Flowers: Sparks
- Let's pray for the Leventis family. Recently they have experienced the loss of loved ones (family friend, grandmother). May God grant peace and hope from his loving promises that flow from Jesus' triumph over death.
- We pray for Ministerial Education as all four Governing Boards are meeting this month. We ask the Lord to bless all teachers and students on the road to full time gospel ministry, and we ask the Lord to move more young people to consider becoming pastors and teachers because Jesus' words are still true: "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few."
- Pumpkinfest will still go on as we will be hosting over 20 vendors, 2 food trucks, and offering hayrides and pumpkin launching (hopefully). The Fest will go from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Come and enjoy.
- To all who signed up to help with Pumpkinfest, please look for an email today with more information. Thank you!
- Butter Braid order forms are available. Deadline to place an order for these tasty pastries is November 3. Funds raised will support Youth Group trips.
- Interested in singing with a mixed choir or male ensemble for Reformation Sunday (October 31)? Please tell Mikkel Broas, Becky Seeger, or me.
- Look for special announcements in the Sunday folder about: (NEW!) 20s & 30s group event, and College/Campus Ministry gathering.
Those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries the week of October 17-23 (to extend a greeting, if you wish):
"Happy Birthday" to: LeeAnn Wetzel (19), and Debbie Hood (22).
"Happy Anniversary" to: Kevin & Marge Krueger (19), and Brandon & Debbie Hood (19).
That's all for this week.
God's blessing on your day.
- Pastor Duane