Good morning and greetings from Abiding Peace,
This Sunday we celebrate Father's Day and rejoice in the blessing of being able to call the almighty God our Father. Think of it! The mighty Maker of the universe and the one controls wind and wave and all things - he is our Father. Sunday we focus more on that great blessing and the unique application there is for all fathers who strive to be like their heavenly Father.
Serving on Sunday (Thank you!):
Ushers: 8:15 – Eggert, McConnell
9:30 – Clarke, Schwall
10:45 – Culp, _________
Organist: Doug Rall
- We pray for all earthly fathers who strive to lead and love their families selflessly, and who rejoice in the gift of forgiveness, peace and contentment that comes from the perfect love of our heavenly Father.
- We pray for John Dalby who recently had a cancerous kidney removed and will undergo follow-up treatment. We ask God to bless John with peace and strength, and that he is able to fully recover.
- We also pray for Stephanie Streblow who recently discovered that her breast cancer treatment will require radiation and chemotherapy. We pray that God grant success to the treatment and that his loving promises give comfort and strength to Stephanie and Steve.
- We ask the Lord to bless Laura Cole and Zach Bloomquist as they are married this Sunday. May he give them a rich measure of his love as they promise their love to him and to each other.
- Bible Information Class will begin on Wednesday, June 30th at 6:30 p.m. This course is a membership class, but also for anyone just curious about Abiding Peace (no strings attached), and for members as a good refresher study on Bible teaching.
- Gift card "shower" begins Sunday and will run through July 18. We typically welcome new teachers and vicars by collecting gift cards for a "Welcome" basket. You may purchase your own (give to me) or you can order them through SCRIP (see the entryway table for order forms).
- We are looking for a few more people who would be willing to be on a transportation team to help members by picking them up and dropping them off on Sunday mornings. If you'd like to be a part of a Sunday "uber" team, let me know.
- Moving day is July 1 at 6:30 p.m. Let me know if you can help move vicar's office, the library, and reset the Fellowship Hall as we seek to set up classrooms in the two rooms off the Fellowship Hall.
Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries the week of June 20-26 (to extend a greeting, if you wish):
"Happy Birthday" to: Haley McKelvey (20), Marti Fowler (25), and John Stephen (25).
"Happy Anniversary" to: Jeff & Melanie Skory (20), Walt & Carolyn Lindow (20), Steve & Jan Boyles (21), Julie & Brian Schmidt (22), Albert & Audrey Lin (25), and Rudy & Debbie Pinto (25).
That's all for this week.
God's blessing on your day.