Good morning and greetings from Abiding Peace,
We are at the halfway point in the season of Epiphany and Jesus continues to show us who he is. This Sunday we head to the Sea of Galilee where Jesus meets some fishermen. He invites them to leave their nets behind and follow him. They do it! Immediately! What did they see and hear that caused them to follow? With this event, Jesus shows us that he is the Dynamic Leader that we are blessed to have and that the world desperately needs.
If you have not yet done so, please use the form that was emailed to you earlier in the week to indicate the service you plan to attend. Thanks.
Serving this Sunday (Thanks!):
8:15 – McConnell, Schwall
9:30 – Hartzell, ________
10:45 – Miller,________
8:15 – Gary, Giordanelli
9:30 – Clarke, ________
- Let's include Diane Faulker, Brett and Elizabeth and the family as they mourn the loss of a loved husband, father, and grandfather. May Jesus draw them close for comfort in his loving promises and may his gift of eternal life bring hope and quietness.
- We also pray for Vicar Dan and Lana Sprain. Lana's due date for the baby to arrive is Monday. We ask the Lord to keep mom and baby safe during delivery and that he bless the efforts of all the medical staff who will assist. We join Vicar and Lana in giving thanks to the Lord for this special moment in their lives and we entrust them into God's loving care.
- A congregational meeting (Voters Assembly) is this Sunday, after the third service. We'll meet in church and make a decision on the disbursement of the 2020 Ministry Plan surplus, and also hear updates on APA staffing, and the Capital Campaign. A Zoom link will allow you to connect from home as well.
- As you see above, we welcome a few more people who might serve as ushers and cleaners for Sunday worship. If you are willing, let me know.
- The Food Pantry is especially in need of peanut butter, canned diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- If you are interested in a jigsaw puzzle exchange, let me know.
- The Youth ski trip is coming soon. If you have not yet paid, please do so this Sunday.
Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries the week of January 25-30 (so you can extend a greeting, if you wish):
Happy Birthday to: Marty Cwiakala, Julie Schmidt, Robert Wetzel III, Jeff Skory, Laura Cole, Rich Martin, and Brett Faulkner.
Happy Anniversary to: no one is celebrating that week, according to our records
God's blessing on your day.
- Pastor Duane